Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving

This is probably my favorite holiday and one that I live by day to day. Giving thanks is the cornerstone to life and is a deep part of being divine in this world as a human. When we forget to be grateful, life becomes tedious and mundane. When we open our minds and our hearts to gratitude for what we have before us, the world opens up and becomes inspiring and limitless.

Right now, I am looking out my window at the gorgeous New Mexico sky and watching the clouds roll by as a storm is blowing through. There is an intense wind blowing the fall leaves off a tree. The air is crisp and clear and my heart feels full. There is deep gratitude in my heart for the forces of nature and the beauty that those forces bring. My body feels strong and I am grateful for my health and the state of peace that I feel.

Why am I talking about all of this? I am trying to convey that we experience gratitude without being conscious of that experience all the time. We don't have to be consciously grateful to be experiencing deep satisfaction with the life that we are in, but when we consciously give thanks in our mind and in our hearts, our energy lifts. Just writing what I was grateful for in this moment helped to lift my spirit and helped me to feel more open and more willing to let in more goodness and more divine experiences.

Practicing conscious thanks giving can inspire our lives and inspire the lives of those around us. When we are thanked by those around us for our strengths, we are filled with energy and we are inspired to  practice our strengths even more. When we thank people around us for their strengths, we inspire them to pass those strengths on and we feel full from giving support and love to someone in our lives.

So, our practice is to give thanks daily for what we are experiencing. Even consciously giving thanks for simple things can lift our spirits and open our hearts to more and more experiences to be grateful for in our lives. When you feel down and low, look and see if you have given yourself a conscious dose of gratitude that day. If you haven't, pick some aspects of your life that are easy to be grateful for. If all you can see to be grateful for is the sky above you and the ground below your feet, start with gratitude for that and let the rest open up around you.

We open our hearts to the divine truth of our being when we let ourselves experience gratitude and when we share that gratitude with the world through conscious experience and expression. The heaviness of the world lifts and we can feel divine purpose and divine plan. We start to focus on all the goodness that exists in our lives and let go of our focus on what we don't have. Life becomes expansive. Go out there and experience and express gratitude. I am deeply grateful for all that you are and all that you are not. Even if I have never met you, I know that you are a part of the divine balance in this life that I lead. Let others be grateful for you as well.

Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving, Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment