Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween... The Day of the Dead

Today and this weekend, it is important for us all to honor our ancestors and to honor the people we know who have passed on through the veils of the worlds, or in other words, the people we know who have died. How do we honor the dead? We can think of alll of the people in our lives who have influenced us who have died and send them love and gratitude for who they were here in this world to us and also who they still are to us in our hearts and in our lives.

I think of my grandparents and friends who have died and each of them had a special influence for me. I would not be the same if I had not known them. I willl spend a little time this weekend “talking” to them, thinking of them individually, and sending them gratitude for what they brought to my life. Each person taught me so much of what to be and what not to be in this life and all of the teaching I carry with me and share with the world. No one ever truly leaves us. They all live on in our hearts and in our actions and in our words. When we sit with each individual in gratitude, we might hear their voice and feel their presence. Some even show us a physical sign that they are with us- a feather, a song, a penny; some give us a felt sense of their presence; some are silent. All connections are beautiful and divine.

If we want to, we don’t have to only connect during Halloween. We can check in with our friends and family who have died any time we want, all we need to do is sit and listen and be willing to open to hear, feel, see, or know their presence.

Enjoy your weekend and your connections with the dead. Make sure you connect with the living as well.:) Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment