Friday, July 31, 2009

riding the waves

I just finished jury duty- hooray- and I realized how important it is in life to ride the waves that life throws you instead of being bowled over by them. It can be easy and tempting just to let the waves plow you over. While on jury duty, my best buddy and roommate moved out of my house and I was working with clients. I felt a bit overwhelmed at times and it was hard to find my center. I kept praying for clarity and groundedness and, amazingly, it really helped. I sometimes forget how truly powerful prayer is.

So, if you are in the midst of multiple large waves of life that are crashing in on you, here is a good prayer to help you to ride the wave instead of getting tossed by them. "Dear God, Help me to feel and experience and know the presense of the divine in everything that I do. Help me to feel centered in the midst of everything that is going on in my life. I ask for a deep state of groundedness to enter into my life and fill me with a sense of peace and security. I am grateful for all the lessons that I'm learning and I open to fluidly learn these lessons and to deepen my understanding of life. Thank you God, Amen."

Good luck with your waves!
Peace, Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment